Sharing the Gospel Abroad

Tomorrow, I am leaving with a group from our church to go on a mission trip to the Dominican Republic for eight days. We are taking a smaller group this year for prayer walking and witnessing, as well as visiting our friends at Iglesia Bautista Sola Escritura. There will be six of us this year. Doug and Dana Roberts, members of NHBC, and now IMB missionaries to the DR, will be our hosts. We are very excited about being with them and their boys, too. Please, pray for us to glorify God in all we do.

I stopped this morning to count up the times I have left the USA to share the Gospel in another country. I believe I have gone 15 different times to 4 different countries. Each time it has been one of the greatest privileges of my life. I can't believe I have been personally able to fulfill Matthew 28:19-20 and Acts 1:8, but it is true. I have seen people saved as I have shared in Mexico, Panama, and the Dominican Republic, and I have baptized new believers in the Gulf of Mexico off Panama. I hope to say the same thing about Japan some day, too, if the Lord wills. What a thrill to be used by God in a country where few people know the Lord.

I am praying for God to use our group this week in a special way to help our friends and to wage spiritual warfare in a stronghold of the enemy. I will try to keep track of what the Lord does and give you a report when I get back. I may be able to make a post once or twice while we are there, but I am not sure. My priority will be sharing the Gospel and being used to help others in person while I am there. If you get the e-news from NHBC you can keep up with the Bible readings that way, but if not, I will list them here.

February 14 - I intend to read Leviticus 15-16 and Matthew 27:1-26.
February 15 - I intend to read Leviticus 17-18 and Matthew 27:27-50.
February 16 - I intend to read Leviticus 19-20 and Matthew 27:51-66.
February 17 - I intend to read Leviticus 21-22 and Matthew 28.
February 18 - I intend to read Leviticus 23-24 and Mark 1:1-22.
February 19 - I intend to read Leviticus 25 and Mark 1:23-45.
February 20 - I intend to read Leviticus 26-27 and Mark 2.
February 21 - I intend to read Numbers 1-2 and Mark 3:1-19.

Popular Posts