Famous Faithful Followers of God - Numbers 12-14 and Mark 5:21-43

I know there are many things God could say to us through these passages of His Word, but one thing stuck out to me when I read them this morning. I want to focus in on that today. After all, the purpose of an "unhurried time" with God is not to learn all about the Bible, but to spend time with Him and to hear what He has to say to us for this day. I pray that we will always keep that in mind.

As I read, God caused me to see the faithful followers in these stories. He made me to consider what I am known for by God. Moses was the most humble man on earth, even though he was called by God to lead a nation of over 2 million people. God chose to speak to him face to face. God was closer to Moses than to any of the other prophets who just received dreams or visions. I wonder if God sees me as a Moses or as a Miriam or Aaron? Then, we read about Joshua and Caleb. We see their courage and faith in the face of unbelief. I marvel at their strength. Does God see me as a Joshua or a Caleb? Does God see me like one of the unfaithful spies or one of the lost generation who died in the wilderness? They were just normal people, but they are known for the ages, because of their faith. How will I be known for eternity? I don't mean this in any prideful way, but in an extremely humble way. I realize that I can't do anything without the Lord, but have I done it or not?

In Mark 5 there is story of Jairus and his daughter. His faith led Jesus to come to the aid of his daughter, and then to raise her from the dead. What a glorious way to be known! What about the woman with the bleeding problem? How is she known? She is the one who had enough faith to believe that all she had to do was touch Jesus' garment and she would be healed. She did not even want Him to see her. Will I be known for unassuming faith like that? I am not sure what I am known for or what I will be known for, but I pray that I will be known as a faithful follower of Jesus. I pray that each of us will make that our sincere prayer today.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Numbers 15-17 and Mark 6:1-29.

Popular Posts