October 17, 2006 - Isaiah 50-52 and I Thessalonians 5

I love to see all of the references to Jesus in the Old Testament. It is a great proof that the Bible is the inspired Word of God. I hope all of us will thank God for giving us His Word, and we will notice these prophecies that have all been fulfilled, so everyone can know that Jesus is the Eternal God who became man to die for us.

Take time to consider all of references to Jesus in these chapters of Isaiah. Notice how specific they are. Isaiah 50:4 refers to the wisdom of Jesus when He came to earth. He was able to speak just the right words at the right time. Then, verses 6 and 7 are very graphic as they depict Jesus being beaten before the crucifixion, but He had his face "set like a flint" to do God's will. Next, turn to Isaiah 52:14. It is painful for us even to think that His face was marred more than any other man. Jesus suffered the worst possible death to shed His precious blood for you and me. Let's stop to thank Him right now.

Then, look at I Thessalonians 5. Paul ends the letter with a series of commands. I will not repeat them here, but I will say that they are for us today, too. We should read them and ask the Holy Spirit to allow us to live by each of these commands. In that way, we can be completely sanctified in body, soul, and spirit at the coming of Jesus. I pray that we all have that as our goal.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 53-55 and II Thessalonians 1.

Popular Posts