February 9, 2006 - Leviticus 6-7 and Matthew 25:1-30

Leviticus has so many rules for the sacrifices and the feasts that sometimes we miss the meaning behind the rules. However, many of them are pretty obvious. One that struck me today was the command for the fire always to be burning on the altar. There was to be a continual state of worship in the Tabernacle. There were sacrifices that the priests made each morning and evening. The fire was always burning. They were constantly aware of their need to worship God. In the New testament Jesus told us to pray without ceasing. I believe it is the same principle. How many people separate worship from the rest of their lives? They think worship only happens once or twice a week at a certain time and place. The Lord desires our worship constantly, and He honors the holy heart that looks to Him continually. I pray that you will not let the fire of worship in your heart go out today or any day. I pray that all of us will be burning with worship to show others the Lord.

In Matthew 25 the Lord challenged me again. I must be ready for Christ's return. How can I be ready? I need to have my oil full in my lamp. I need to know Christ and to be filled with His Spirit. The oil is a symbol for the Holy Spirit. When the virgins finally came to the wedding after they bought some oil, the Lord told them that He did not know them. I must be sure of my relationship with Christ, and I must be living in the power of His Spirit. What will happen then? I will live a life that bears fruit for Him. I will take the gifts and material possessions He has given me and see a profit. The parable of the talents is very clear. We all receive gifts from God when we are saved. He is watching to see how we use them for His glory. If we use them wisely, He will bless them, and they will grow. If we neglect to use them, they will not grow, and they will be taken away. That is why they are given to the one with the most. That person was the most faithful and fruitful, so God knows that person would invest them wisely and get more return. What about you? Are you sure of your relationship with Christ? What fruit is there in your life to show evidence that the Spirit is in you? What are your gifts? How has God blessed you? What are you doing with what He gave you? How much profit has been made through God's power and blessing? Are you ready if Christ were to come today? I hope all of us will take time to reflect on these questions.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Leviticus 8-10 and Matthew 25:31-46.

Popular Posts