October 20 - Mark 10-12

Have you ever heard someone say that he did get anything out of the Bible when he read it? Perhaps, you have even made that statement yourself. Sometimes, a person will say that he does not hear God speaking to him through the Bible or that he does not know how to find God's will from the Bible. All of these statements are amazing to me, especially when I read a passage like this one. I fail to see how anyone could read these three chapters and not hear a direct message from God, unless his heart is very hard. What did God say to you? What direction did you receive from His Word today?

God's Word to me in chapter 10 was from the verses on receiving children. He confirmed in my heart how important that is for me. I must not do anything to forbid them to come to the Lord. Also, the rich, young ruler story spoke to me about the trouble with money keeping people from God. It reminded me that riches cause people not to accept the Lord's will all the time.

In chapter 11 God's main message to me was about forgiveness from verse 26. It is humbling to realize the results of unforgiveness in my life and in the lives of those around me. I don't want it in my life, so I searched my heart to make sure it was not there. I prayed for several people who are struggling with it in their lives.

Chapter 12 had one haunting verse in it for me. It was verse 34. Jesus told the scribe that he was "not far" from the kingdom of God. This works two ways doesn't it? Some people are ready to receive Christ, and soon they will gladly ask Him to be their Lord and Savior. On the other hand, some people are so close, but yet they will never make it, because they are allowing something to block them from accepting Christ. That is the saddest situation I see. Lord, what can I do to lead these people to come to Christ? How can I encourage or instruct them? How can I help them overcome the barriers? These are questions for all of us, but this is just how God spoke to me this morning. What did He say to you?

Tomorrow, I intend to read Mark 13 and 14.

Popular Posts