September 26 - Micah 1-4

As I read these first four chapters of the book of Micah this morning, I felt like Micah was making a point by being so specific in his prophecy. Did you notice how many place names were mentioned? Did you notice how he addressed the rulers, the priests, and the false prophets about specific sins? Some people refer to this type of preaching as "reading someone's mail." I believe that it came across to the people in that way. They were probably saying, "Why did he mention us directly, we are not so bad?" When the Lord does this to people, He is showing that nothing escapes His view. Has this happened to you lately through a Sunday School lesson or through a sermon? Did you think, "He must be reading my mind or my mail?" If so, I hope you will pay close attention to what the Lord is trying to say to you.

Then, in chapter 4 Micah gives an extensive view of the future millenial kingdom. It stands in stark contrast to the times in which he lived and the times in which we live. There will be no more war. Christ will reign from Jerusalem. There will not be many gods being worshiped all over the world, but people will stream to Jerusalem to worship the one true God. How Micah's heart must have yearned for such a time in the midst of the sin and conflict he was experiencing. I pray that our hearts yearn for that time, too. We should want to be in Christ's presence. We should long for heaven and its sinless perfection. Is that the desire of your heart? If not, I hope you will ask the Lord, why not. What could be better than that?

Tomorrow, I intend to read Micah 5-7.

Popular Posts